cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Control Wireless Client ?

jrobert
Level 1
Level 1

We're running Cisco LEAP enabled wireless clients on NT. Our Helpdesk would like to remote control these machines. Problem is: The HelpDesk administrators need Administrator privileges. They need to log in as themselves...remotely.

When they do a "close all programs & log in as different user" , of course the remote control session is lost & can't be reestablished till the client is LEAP authenticated, which can't happen till the remote user is logged in.....Catch 22.

Any ideas for a solution would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,

Jeff Roberts

Cox Health Systems

Springfield MO

4 Replies 4

blue.modal
Level 1
Level 1

Jeff - I've been working with a company that has created an app that gets around that problem - even through firewall connections - plus the Help Desk can use any client with a browser, which means that support OF and FROM mobile devices will finally work.

Of course the best way to see an app like that is an on-line demo so you can take over yourself.

Matthew Wheeler

Chief Wireless Architect

www.BlueModal.com

medic
Level 1
Level 1

How about unchecking the "No Network Connection Unless User is Logged In" box under LEAP Settings on the client? This should allow the client to stay associated after logging off and back on.

Danny

We did uncheck the "No Network Connection Unless User is logged in" box and that fixed the problem once they are authenticated. If you reboot the remote PC we can't get back in until someone logs on the PC and authenticate to the newtork, anyone have a fix for this? We can't send code, dial in to fix problems, etc.. unless someone has successfully logged in after a reboot.

I've had to do this for a Kiosk, but not sure if you want to do this on workstations.

I set up an autologin for a 'VERY SECURED' user account that brought up a default application, like a screensaver. You could modify this idea to be a guest account with little to no access and have the users log that user off to gain access after reboots.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card