Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Remote Office with Location tracking and WIPS

Hey guys,

I have a question about Cisco wireless for remote offices. My client is switching to Cisco for their wireless. The services that is going to be needed are location tracking and WIPS and data. The data part may come later and it is not approved yet. For now, it is going to be just location tracking for rogue devices etc and wIPS.

I know for data we can do Flexconnect, but for location tracking and wIPS, how are we going to deploy this? Does Flexconnect APs would be able to do LBS and wIPS services and data?

We currently have Moto APs deployed with 3 radios which is capable of LBS, wIPS, and data. Basically, the 3rd radio does the LBS and wIPS. Also, we are using the RF-Domain Manager per branch office. I am not sure if Cisco has something similar.

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Remote Office with Location tracking and WIPS

So, you could do FlexConnect for the remote offices, but RLDP (wired detection) might not work:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080b3690b.shtml#anc8

Domain Manager should be similar to PI:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12239/

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Re: Remote Office with Location tracking and WIPS

What could be the issue for the RDLP not to work?

Also, I am looking at the 3600 and 3700 series APs and it seems like I can't have both .11ac and the LBS and wIPS at the same time. It is either I would go for .11ac or LBS/wIPS.

If I can't get both then I would need choose the LBS/wIPS module. Now, for branch office configuration, do I need to do Flexconnect ELM to do both data and LBS/wIPS?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content