cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restrict access to one device per user on guest wireless network

Alvaro Garcia
Level 1
Level 1
I would appreciate your suggestions on how could I restrict access on our guest SSID. I have been thing to use web authentication creating users but I need ensure that each user would be able to connect on one device only. I don't want that a guest could user its username and password on multiple devices. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thanks
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The Maximum Number of Concurrent Logins for a single user name by default is 0. You can enter any value between 0 and 8. This parameter can be set at SECURITY > AAA > User Login Policies and allows you to specify the maximum number of concurrent logins for a single client name, between one and eight, or 0 = unlimited.

put 1 and that will resolve your problem.

hope it helps.

Regards

dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The Maximum Number of Concurrent Logins for a single user name by default is 0. You can enter any value between 0 and 8. This parameter can be set at SECURITY > AAA > User Login Policies and allows you to specify the maximum number of concurrent logins for a single client name, between one and eight, or 0 = unlimited.

put 1 and that will resolve your problem.

hope it helps.

Regards

dont forget to rate helpful posts

Sandeep,

Thanks a lot for your help. That is exactly what I was looking for.

By any chance, do you happen to know of a configuration guide for web authentication with user and password database?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card