cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restrict access to one device per user on guest wireless network

Alvaro Garcia
Level 1
Level 1
I would appreciate your suggestions on how could I restrict access on our guest SSID. I have been thing to use web authentication creating users but I need ensure that each user would be able to connect on one device only. I don't want that a guest could user its username and password on multiple devices. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thanks
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The Maximum Number of Concurrent Logins for a single user name by default is 0. You can enter any value between 0 and 8. This parameter can be set at SECURITY > AAA > User Login Policies and allows you to specify the maximum number of concurrent logins for a single client name, between one and eight, or 0 = unlimited.

put 1 and that will resolve your problem.

hope it helps.

Regards

dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The Maximum Number of Concurrent Logins for a single user name by default is 0. You can enter any value between 0 and 8. This parameter can be set at SECURITY > AAA > User Login Policies and allows you to specify the maximum number of concurrent logins for a single client name, between one and eight, or 0 = unlimited.

put 1 and that will resolve your problem.

hope it helps.

Regards

dont forget to rate helpful posts

Sandeep,

Thanks a lot for your help. That is exactly what I was looking for.

By any chance, do you happen to know of a configuration guide for web authentication with user and password database?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card