Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RF Profile Not Being Assigned

We have a WiSM 2 running the 7.4.100.60 firmware.

If I create a new AP Group and RF Profiles the RF Profiles appear to be assigned correctly to the AP Group but if I look at the AP Group's RF Profiles they are both (2.4 and 5 GHz) set to none.  If I try to reassign the RF Profiles to the AP Group I get a "RF Profile mapping" error.

Thinking the issue may be a GUI issue I assigned some access points to the AP Group, assigned a 2.4 GHz RF Profile that had a maximum transmit power of 11 dBm and then looked as the access point's 2.4 GHz radio transmit power.   The 2.4 GHz radio transmit power was set to power level 3 (14 dBm) by RRM so the RF Profile had not been assigned to the access point.

I have noted that there is a 7.4.110.0 firmware for the WiSM 2 but the release notes don't include any mention of this issue.

Has anybody seen this issue?

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

RF Profile Not Being Assigned

I never had any issue with the rf profiles like what you are mentioning.  If you issue a show advanced 802.11b summary, does the TX of 3 show 14dBm?  What does the show rf-profile summary or the show rf-profile detail show?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Re:RF Profile Not Being Assigned

We have found the cause of the issue. The length of the RF Profile name cannot exceed 32 characters. There is no warning about this in any of documentation we could find and the WLC doesn't display an error.

TAC have advised that this should be resolved in the forthcoming 8.0 code.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Re:RF Profile Not Being Assigned

Keep in mind that 32 characters is the rule for many other things not just the RF Profile name.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content