Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Rogue containment

Hello All,

How do you manage rogue APs in your setup? I know we can do this easily for wired rogues, how do you manage un-wired rogues especially user's mobile and other items acting as hotspot.

I am sorry if this is asked already.

Thanks,

Pulkit

Everyone's tags (4)
5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Rogue containment

All this is done manually. You shouldn't have rogue containment on and RLDP really should be disabled on client access APs. If you have the time to look for these and hunt them down, then that is what you need to do. To be honest, you can't prevent people from bringing in their own hotspot especially now when a phone can be a hotspot.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Bronze

Re: Rogue containment

what you can do is first classify them. As Scott said RLDP is better running on monitor mode APs.

unless you see some hostile entries like broadcasting same ssid, you primarily need first know how many/ what is constructing the rogue environment.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rogue containment

Since you guys appear to be running RLDP on monitor mode AP's only, can I take it you are successfully running SPT from an access point to detect rogues. What type of Access switches are you using?

found a document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/wireless/prime_infrastructure/1.3/configuration/guide/admin.html#wp1603927 stating only the following switches are supported: 3750, 3560, 3750E, 3560E, and 2960.

Reason I ask, we're having issues with detection of wired rogue AP's

Cisco Employee

Rogue containment

Please see the below link for managing and detecting rouge AP in your network

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a0080b40901.shtml

Rogue containment

Thanks, I'll review

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content