Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Router to login to public access point?

I travel extensively and wind up in a lot of places that have public access points that require you to login with a user name and password from a web browser.  However, I have a video streaming device (Roku) that does not have the capability to do this and my xbox360 can't connect to most of the access points so far either because their router's MTU settings are lower than 1364.  Does Cisco make a router that I can set up to login to the access point and then just connect my devices to the internet via my router?  I have yet to find a solution to my problem but I can't believe that it's really that uncommon.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Router to login to public access point?

There is not such device that Cisco makes that can do this.  I guess you can use a mac address changer on your laptop and set it to your Roku mac address.  Login to the public wifi and then connect your Roku.  This way the mac address that was used to login is the same as your Roku and that should work.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies