Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Scaling guest network with wlc

Hello,

We currently have a guest network available, and we are growing at a rate where the subnet I have is not large enouph to handle all of the users on the guest network.  Without creating a separate WLAN and attaching it to another subnet is there any way I can have one WLAN (GUEST-WIFI) and have it tunnel back to the controller but still have separate subnets for various buildings like I have with H-REAP?

If not what is my alternative for setting up a guest larger guest network?  Standard WLAN's, and manually trunk separate vlans back to the controller?

Thanks,

Dan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Scaling guest network with wlc

Hi Dan,

this is pretty easily achievable. The feature is called "AP groups". Check in the "WLAN" tab.

You can create groups of APs and each group can have a different mapping SSID-interface.

So for each group you will be able to decide what will be the interface for SSID guest.

You can then do it building-based or floor-based if you want to .

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Dan,

this is pretty easily achievable. The feature is called "AP groups". Check in the "WLAN" tab.

You can create groups of APs and each group can have a different mapping SSID-interface.

So for each group you will be able to decide what will be the interface for SSID guest.

You can then do it building-based or floor-based if you want to .

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Ah, I knew it would be possible.  Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content