Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Scheduled Guest Accounts

Hi All

I have a customer who wants to generate a new shared password for guest users on a 24 hour basis. The password is to be emailed.

Using the schedule guest user option on the WCS doesn't seem to work that great. I can schedule a guest user for a 24 hour period and generate the password. Ticking all 7 days doesn't seem to do anything. Once the account has expired after 24 hours it doesn't get renewed the next day.

Has anyone found a way to do this successfully?

Ver 7 code in use.

Regards

Roger                  

• Security and Network Management
Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES

Scheduled Guest Accounts

Hi Roger,

Doing your requirement is not available with Cisco WCS so you may need a customized third-party solution.

You need a solution that automatically generates new passwords for the users list every 24 hours and e-mail that password to the users e-mail address. This can not be achieved by Cisco WCS. This can be implemented though by utilizing the SNMP messages.

You can contact your account manager and ask him to file a Product Enhancement Request (PER) for you to add the feature you'd like to the product. Having WCS not on Cisco line anymore, your feature may be requested to be added to next NCS releases.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Scheduled Guest Accounts

Hi Amjad

I have got the feature working successfully from the WCS. I now get an email every 24 hours with a new randomly generated password.

The crucial point is to set a start time - say 1540 on the 1 Aug 2012 and then set an end time of 1539 for a date up to 35 weeks in advance. Tick all 7 days of the week.

This can be configured when logged into the WCS as a lobby admin or it can be configured using the Security Guest user template when logged in to WCS as a normal user.

Regards

Roger

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.