Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Simultaneous Radius & TACACS+ Support on WLC

I currently have my controller configured in my Cisco Secure ACS (ver 3.3) as a Radius NAS.

This is for the wireless clients authenticate using PEAP.

Now I would like to setup my controller to use TACACS+ for management. I see where to configure it on the controller which looks straight forward.

However, I am not sure what to do on the ACS. If a controller is already configured for Radius how can I configure it to also support TACACS+? I don't see an option to have it support both. I can't add the same controller in twice either.

Any suggestions/recommendations are appreciated.

I'm wondering if my only option is to setup management using Radius too.

3 REPLIES

Re: Simultaneous Radius & TACACS+ Support on WLC

Try entering your controller again with a different name:

ControllerName-TACACS

Use the same IP, device group & shared secret then select TACACS+ (Cisco) instead of Radius for authentication.

You end up with two entries for each device that requires both, one for TACACS & one for Radius.

Thank you. That worked. I created one group called controllers-tacacs and listed each of my controllers and selected TACACS+ for authentication type.

However, I still can't get the controller to use TACACS+ for management. I added in the ACS information using port 49 under the security->tacacs-> authentication menu option. It does not have the option to pick network user or management like the radius authentication menu does. So I just enter in all the valid data shared secret, port, enabled, etc. I used the same shared secret as the controller-tacacs group I created on the ACS.

However, the controller does not use tacacs+ for management logins. I still have to use the local mgmt users account.

Anyone have any ideas.

Sounds like what my WiSMs did when I first setup them up for TACACS.

Have you tried restarting the ACS service? Network Configuration > Service Control > Restart

Views
Helpful
Replies