cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Discovery of clients through WLC problems

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

I have a client with a 2112 WLC and 1252AG radios. The clients work fine, but an SNMP management server can not reach any of the clients over the wireless. Before the WLC and new AP's were installed, they were running older Cisco Autonomous AP's and had no problems with SNMP.  My monitoring system uses SNMP and it can reach the WLC just fine, so there doesnt appear to be any issues on the switched network.

What can be blocking the SNMP on the WLC?

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have the snmp network defined on the wlc?

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

In what way?  The network the server is on also has a WLAN interface on the WLC. In fact the network the clients use is the same one they used before on the autonomous AP's, only difference is there is the WLC in between now.

In the snmp configuration there is an area to define the network to allow. Usually the snmp is for WCS to communicate with the wlc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/4.0/configuration/guide/c40ccfg.html#wp1083842

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

the WLC, by default doesn't communicate when you bridge the VLANs. Do the clients need to be in the same subnet as the SNMP server? If not, remove the interface and they should be able to communicate.

If they do need to hVe in that subnet, then you need to enable management via dynamic interface

Config network mgmt-via-dynamic-interface enable

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card