Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

SNMP on CAPWAP via WCS or Cisco Prime

We are interested in adding SNMP settings to all of our CAPWAP wireless access points.  There is no way to do this via any of our controllers or WCS.  We are soon to upgrade to Cisco Prime.

I am able to log in via telnet to a 3502 and manually enter SNMP commands, however I can't save the running config to NVRAM.  I can save the running config to flash, but can't change the config register to look at flash for the config on startup.

Is there a way to configure and save SNMP parameters on CAPWAP wireless access points?

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

s there a way to configure

s there a way to configure and save SNMP parameters on CAPWAP wireless access points?

That defeats the true purpose of a controller-based AP. 

All configurations are handled and managed by the WLC.  This means if you want to play with SNMP your snmp-walk/snmp-get target is/are the WLC and not the APs.  

Bronze

Hello. What WLC/s and Access

Hello. 

What WLC/s and Access Points are you currently using? 

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.1

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/datasheet-c78-731516.html

Let me know if you have additional concerns or e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) me directly. Kind regards. 

Community Member

The referenced document

The referenced document states that SNMP management is available.  However, The SNMP settings on a controller (5508 as an example) allows for traps on the controller itself and not on the CAPWAPs. 

We have an inventory management system that we want to import our CAPWAPs.  There are over 2500 so manually imputing the CAPWAPs can be a tedious task.  The management system uses SNMP to discover said info.  All of the controllers are already cataloged. 

Hall of Fame Super Blue

Thanks for the "one-star"

Thanks for the "one-star" rating.  You're on your own.  

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content