Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

SSID for mobile devices - Authentication?

Hi

I need to setup a SSID/VLAN for my mobile devices, primaly apple iphones..

Right now I just use a standard pre-share wpa key for authentication on the SSID, but I would like the users to have unique logins to the SSID, so I can monitor who is accessing the VLAN.

I Would like to prevent that users should authenticate with the SSID everyday on their iphones - so i do not think that webauth is the right solution.

How can this be done? The users credentials can be read from our Active Directory with RADIUS...

Best Regards,

Steffen

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Well you didn't even specify what you were using as wireless device....

But in general, you have to setup WPA2/dot1x also called WPA2 enterprise. Configure your AD as radius server (or use any other like ACS) in the wireless ap/WLC and you're kind of good to go.

The clients will have to chose one EAP method that is authorized by your radius server and if they save their credentials, authentication will be automatic.

Community Member

Sorry.

I'm using WLC 2504 with WCS 7.0.220.0 and AIR-CAP3502I-E-K9 access points.

How will the clients be prompted for authentication?

/Steffen

Cisco Employee

Well it depends on the device. Usually  if you simply click on the SSID, the system will detect it's a dot1x authentication and will ask for username and password.

If pre-configuring the SSID profile, the user has to select Dot1x and the EAP method of his choice.

Community Member

Okay Nicolas, I'll try and give you some feedback later.

Thank you.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content