Cisco Support Community
Community Member

SSID keeps dropping

Good afternoon all,

I recently deployed a new 5508 controller and 2600i AP's.  The controller is currently running 7.4.110 code.  The AP's broadcast 4 SSID's.  However one of the SSID's continuously drops the client connections.  This SSID is used for our BYOD network.  So users with Tablets and mobile phones are affected.  I tested using my tablet and experieced frequent drops.  However my company issued laptop stay connected via its SSID without dropping.

I've scanned the area for interence and found nothing.  However CleanAir did indicated that there is a DECT phone sort on the floor.  I'm thinking its the HVAC system and its sensors but I haven't been able to determine that yet. Anyone have any furter tips and tricks to help me determine the culprit of these dropped connection?   I moved back to my floor and I am stable again.  Its only that particular floor for now.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

SSID keeps dropping

Post your show wlan

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

*** Please rate helpful posts ***
VIP Purple

SSID keeps dropping

There was a bug in in this nature where 2.4GHz SSID dissapearing for short period of time. Since you are running 7.4MR1 this was fixed in that version, but anyway have a look on it & see whether behaviour is same or not

CSCug46718-New client 802.11 auth fails 3600 or 2600 AP on 2.4GHz band after time

Only occurs on 2.4GHz band radio with CleanAir capable APs (Cisco  Aironet 2600, 3500, and 3600 series Access Points) with software release  version and above.

CreatePlease to create content