cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

the errors during the process of uninstall Ciscoworks2000!

closey
Level 1
Level 1

when I uninstall the RME,the package CSCOswim and CSCOncfa can't be uninstalled,the related messages is :"

INFO: Tue May 14 10:46:35 CST 2002 : now removing CSCOswim...

The following package is currently installed:

CSCOswim Software Image Manager

(sparc) 3.1

Do you want to remove this package?

## Removing installed package instance <CSCOswim>

(A previous attempt may have been unsuccessful.)

## Verifying package dependencies.

## Processing package information.

## Executing preremove script.

At jobs =/var/sadm/pkg/CSCOswim/install/preremove: ERROR:: not found

pkgrm: ERROR: preremove script did not complete successfully

Removal of <CSCOswim> failed."

how can I uninstall this two packages successfully?And if I don't uninstall them and reinstall the CD One and RME can result in serious errors?Thanks very much!

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You need to you the uninstall.sh script for removing any of the components of CW2000. That is the proper way.If you try to remove RME manually, you can damage your system. You'll see the 4 options in the uninstall. Select the componenets that you want to remove. But note that You cannot uninstall CD One without uninstalling RME.

I did uninstall it with uninstall.sh,I choose uninstall all of the above,but at the end of the process, the eerors I mentioned appeared. So I want to the probaly cause and the method that resovling it, thanks!

If I reinstall the CD One and RME although the uninstall process is not completely successful, what will happen?Can it Damage my system and this damage means I will have to reinstall my operation system and all my softwares?thanks!

If you want to re-install CW2K, first make sure that you uninstall it properly to avoid any re-install problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card