Views
Helpful
Replies

too often client authentication

taufan prakasa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem on my wireless network, in my acs reports there is a client from wlc that doing too often authentication

picture attached

does anyone have a solution to this problem?

any help will be highly appreciated

thanks

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Taufan,

Yes. some client supplicants have issues. If it is a PC that can sometimes be fixed by upgrading the wireless adapters's driver.

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As screenshot shows, that user is being use by more than one machine. (different mac addresses are listed). so I think its normal to see it with many auth attempts.

multiple auth attempts sometimes appear if the client is roaming frequently (that depends usually on both client and infrastructure and the key caching mechanism they support and utilize).

HTH

Amjad

Hi,

sorry for late response, thanks for your input Amjad, i found that same mac address with same user doing multiple auth with very short interval, now i have disabled this mac address in WLC and all goes fine so far

so i put a conclusion there is something wrong with the client device

thanks

regards

Hi Taufan,

Yes. some client supplicants have issues. If it is a PC that can sometimes be fixed by upgrading the wireless adapters's driver.

Regards,

Amjad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card