Views
Helpful
Replies

Top Memory utilization

Ahmed Ayaad
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have issue in my wireless lan controller (WISM2) installed on 6509 E, to day i foun Memory utlization exceed from 43% to 72% without i do any thing

but i see the CPU in 6509 was 70 % also this related to WLC issue.

i attached sh process memory from WLC & sh logg from 6509 & sh process cpu history from 6509 and snapshot from NCS please i wait any feedback.

Thanks

12 Replies 12

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't worry so much as I have a few 5508's that are just up in a lab with 50% memory utilization... just how it is. 

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Dear,

Thanks, but my show determine any thing? to exceed the memory from 42 to 73 % and return again to 42%

Also CPU in 6509 related to that issue or not please wait your feedback.

Thanks,

The 6500 isn't related. The WLC memory I have seen in the mid 90's with no issues.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

My WiSM-2 is running 40-41%.

Personally, I'd go with Scott.  I wouldn't worry about it until the memory reaches 90%.

Dears,

I agree with you but the WISM2 memory still increased and suddenly the WISM restarted by self and i found crashed file

WISM2 Release: 7.4.100.0

Attached crashed file.

Please i wait any feedback as i see that release deffered.

Thanks

What people will tell you is to upgrade code... if a WLC crashes, you can't make any changes to prevent it from crashing.  Code upgrade is usually what people will do and TAC will suggest.  upgrade to v7.4.121.0 and make sure you upgrade the FUS.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Hi Scott

the FUS for my WISM2

Firmware Version................................. FPGA 1.7, Env 0.0, USB console 2.2

so please advice if i need to upgrade it when i upgrade WISM2 release from 7.4.100.0 to 7.4.121.0

Thanks,

v7.4.121.0 is the preferred code.... v7.4.100.0 had issues especially with HA AP SSO.  So I would look into upgrading to the newer version.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Dear Scott,

Thanks for your reply. But i was asking about if i need to upgrade the firmware version or not.

My current version is

Firmware Version................................. FPGA 1.7, Env 0.0, USB console 2.2

Thanks,

It is recommended to... Here are the release notes so you know what is being upgraded depending on the WLC platform:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/fus_rn_OL-31390-01.html#wp43702

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Thanks

No problem

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card