cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

trying to get away from WEP

garyrivers
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4 AP's connected via 2006 controller.

right now I have only WEP running. I know that WEP isn't the best security method so I'm trying to get away from that.

But, I don't have the resources nor the man power to install and maintain a radius server, which is what I really need.

So, the question is: has anyone ran across an "in-expensive" service, platform or something else that will authenicate, etc.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

mdcole
Level 1
Level 1

How many users, and what type of WAPs are using?

What about using the local RADIUS server that is available on the 1100 and 1200s?

I haven't looked into it, but it may be a viable option for your situation. It looks like it only supports LEAP, EAP-FAST, and MAC.

I have roughly 50 users. The WAPs are 1242's.

I didn't think the 1242's had a local server installed.

Gary

rnigam
Level 1
Level 1

A correct and comprehensive answer to this question would be based on the software code you are running. WLC 2006 on code 4.1 have the capability of doing LOCAL EAP and can aid you in getting the functionality of RADIUS server on your WLC. This local EAP supports LEAP, EAP FAST with PAC, EAP FAST with certificates and EAP TLS. A software upgrade is definitely an "in-expensive" service. Hope this helps you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card