cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Turn WLC Debug on Permanently

malcolmtkelly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I currently have my WLC syslogging debug messages to a Syslog Server.  It works fine except the messages I'm getting are rather mundane.  In order to get what I really want to log I have to turn on a particular debug through the terminal.  Like:

debug capwap events enable

For example. 

When I do this all the information you would see on the terminal is sent to the syslog server and all is good.  However, as soon as I disconnect the terminal (console or VTY) the debug command is removed and the level of logging falls back.

Does anyone know how I might turn on the above command permanently so that even if there's not a session on the device it's still sending back the relevant log information to the syslog server?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Viten Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not possible

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Abha Jha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

debug will be turned ON until and unless it is disabled by no debug command.

Also once the session is closed the debug will be gone and again you will have to turn on the debug

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

Kindly check the following links for references

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6307/products_configuration_example09186a00809a2d76.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card