Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to get the interface set for distribution system

CotGef
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i'm trying to pair a 1832i to a 1832i with mobitility express controller.

It does not pair and i get this log error.

%DTL-4-DSINTF_GET_FAILED : dtl_intf.c:854 Unable to get the interface set for distribution system

Do you know what i can do?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The vendor finally provided me with the latest firmware version.

Updating the firmware solved the problem, the AP's paired automatically.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi,

They have network connectivity?

What do you mean?

I set up a test network with a modem (that serves as a DHCP server), a switch, a computer and the 2 AP (one with controller and one lightweight). The network is not connected to the internet.

I also tested the AP's in a internet connected network, if this is what you mean.

I can see on the modem page that the lightweight AP is getting an IP address, i can ping it and it responds, but it does not pair with the controller.

If I am not wrong, there's a image for master AP and subordinates AP. Make sure you have that correctly.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, i'm attaching a screenshot.

The master AP is configured, the other LW ap's don't pair with it

The vendor finally provided me with the latest firmware version.

Updating the firmware solved the problem, the AP's paired automatically.

I'm having this exact problem on the AP2808I-E-K9.  There's nothing at the "debugging" level in the logs when the DSINTF-GET-FAILED message occurs.  The Cisco troubleshooting guide also says nothing useful about this error.

So I finally got the 2802I AP to join the controller in the other 2802I with stock firmware, unfortunately it's still a bit of mistery what is happening inside those APs and why they act this way, seems those are bugs.  All I did was:

• connect the PoE router to my home internet router.
  • disable the DHCP in the controller AP, then set the admin state of the WLAN to disabled in the controller AP, change the controller IP to match the home subnet, restart the AP.
  • plug in the slave AP and voila, it joined the controller.
  • re-enable the WLAN in the controller, while DHCP is now provided by the home router.

No, unfortunately this problem still occurs after the slave AP was reset.  It only joind the master AP on one occasion.  A definitive resolution would be great.  There's probably a bug in the firmware version, but I can't download firmware images.

The problem with bugs and how to get around the issue is always an upgrade. Either a new code needs to be used or a image is provided from TAC to get around the issue. Mobility Express was something I have tested prior to it being public and it was very difficult to get things to work. Has it gotten better, sure it has, but there are still bugs and my preference is still using a controller. I know this doesn’t help you, but I also know your in a bad spot due to buggy code. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card