Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unable to remove a WLC in WCS... Common-1 error

Hi Guys,

2x Wisms on Software version 7.0.116.0

WCS Version 7.0.172.0

I am having problems with removing an old WLC entry in WCS..

The problem came about when I tried to delete the 2x WLCs in WCS and then factory resetting and rebooted them directly from the WLC admin page..

The 1st WLC cleanly deleted from the WCS and then factory reset correctly and we have been able to reconfigure and readd to WCS back on the original IP address details...

However the second WLC didnt not remove itself from WCS and instead came up with the error..

Error:COMMON-1: Some unexpected internal error has occured. If the problem persists please report to the Tech Support.

Strangely the WLC did seem to factory reset correctly and we have managed to put some configuration back on there and can succesfully access the WLC admin page and also session via the CAT..

On looking in WCS again, we can see that the old WLC entry has not been removed and is currently showing as status.... Unreachable..

Im still unable to delete this entry as the  Error:Common-1 pops up again

From reading various forum threads, this seems to be related to the Trap Recievers ( WCS is set up as our Trap ).. however removing the Traps entries does not make any difference and Im still unable to remove this old WLC entry.

I have been able to readd the 2nd WLC in WCS by using a different management IP address ( to the previous entry ), however I would like to be able ot remove this stale entry on the old IP address.

Are there any solutions for this, or will I have to delete and reinstall WCS ( and will that actually work ?! ).. As detailed above, this WLC appears to be functioning properly, its just WCS which has failed to update the listed controllers...

Many thanks in advance for any advice..

Jon.

• Security and Network Management
1 REPLY

Unable to remove a WLC in WCS... Common-1 error

Open up a TAC case.  They should be able to go in and remove the entry from the solid database.

HTH,

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.