Views
Helpful
Replies

Update WCS inventory with a replacement WLC

Tony Dann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are running WCS Version                                           6.0.181.0 and had a 5508 WLC fail that was connected to this WCS. The WLC was replaced and is running the same config and Software Version                 6.0.196.0.

In WCS the old controller shows up as unreachable which you would expect, but with the new WLC online it does not see it at all. Is there somewhere that I need to change the MAC address or something for WCS to accept the new WLC?

Thanks

Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From the WCS, remove the old controller. On the new WLC, make sure that you have configured the SNMP RW community string. Then add the WLC to the WCS with this new SNMP RW community.

Let me know how that goes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

From the WCS, remove the old controller. On the new WLC, make sure that you have configured the SNMP RW community string. Then add the WLC to the WCS with this new SNMP RW community.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks for that, this worked OK for me. Should you not be able to just update/audit the new one if it is called the same and has the same IP address therefore allowing you to push out the master config from WCS?

Tony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card