Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrade Prime Infra 1.4 to 2.x

Hello,

Is there a timeframe for the Prime Infra 1.4 Version to get upgraded to 2.x?

thanks in advance

Martin

• Security and Network Management
6 REPLIES

I would like to know this as

I would like to know this as well as we have been promised for almost a year that we would finally be able to upgrade past 1.4 once 2.1 came out, not months afterwards. Doesn't seem like Cisco gives a crap about early adopters of their products. Cisco seems to be full of promises these days, but way short on delivery.

Bronze

I've been told that when 2.2

I've been told that when 2.2 comes out it becomes possible to upgrade from 1.4 and this is currently November. 2.2 also aligns WLC features and PI featrures (finally).

Gold

Note: Cisco Prime

Note: Cisco Prime Infrastructure version 1.4 and 1.4.x cannot be upgraded to version 2.1; upgrade will be available for a future 2.x release.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/datasheet-c78-731516.html

Sorry mohanak, but you did

Sorry mohanak, but you did not answer to  my question.

Can you confirm 2.2 is planned for  November 2014 and will bei able to get upgraded directly from 1.4.x?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

martinamay,Yes PI 2.2 is

martinamay,

Yes PI 2.2 is planned for release later this year - October or November is the current target.

It will include the ability to directly upgrade from 1.4.x.

As with all such future plans, they do not represent a firm commitment from Cisco. It is, however, what has been mentioned in several venues.

I would like to thank all of

I would like to thank all of you for your replies

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.