cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Older 340 Access Points

mcship
Level 1
Level 1

I have 7 AP in my organization, one is a Aironet 4800, one is a Cisco 350, and the rest are Cisco 340s. I'm a bit puzzled because the outside of each 340 is the same, basically. But the OS is different, 3 of them show as Aironet BR500E V8.24 and the other two show as Cisco AP340 11.23T. I'm getting both of these numbers from the top left of the browser when I access them from IP address. I'm imaging the BR500E is the older Aironet OS where as the AP340 is the new Cisco one. Well my question is this, can I change the BR500Es to be the same as the Cisco AP340s through a firmware upgrade or some other means? I'm wanting to setup Cisco ACS product so I can use LEAP and Dynamic WEP. But I don't think these BR500Es will work with Cisco LEAP, or will it??

Thanks

1 Reply 1

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

Unfortunately you do not have 7 AP's. The ones that have BR500E are actual wireless bridges. These bridges are going to have the basic same shape as the AP's but they are a little bit bigger in size. If you look on top of these devices you should see the label stating that it is a bridge and if you flip the device over, you should see the tag with the serial number and part number under it that says AIR-BR340, AIR-BR341, or AIR-BR342There is no way to upgrade them to an Access Point or to the 11.23T code. These bridges do not do Leap.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: