Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading WCS from 4.2.62.11 to ?

rochoa8aeg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I recently purchased 6 1142 AP's and added them to my controller, well since these are not LWAP but instead CAPWAP AP's they were not supported by my WLC with code version 4.2 (not the end of the world) so I upgraded the WLC to code 6.0.182 but had to sacrifice managing it from my WCS.

Now I would like to upgrade my WCS to support managing this WLC again and potentially upgrading my remaining WLC's, the thing is I would like to upgrade to the latest WCS version 6.0.132 but need some input as to the ease of upgading, and/or any potential problems that might surface, or if anyone is currently experiencing any issues using this WCS code. Will 6.0 be the best bet or is it sufficient to step up to 5.2? Are you satisfied with this upgrade? How many WLC and AP's are you managing? Is there anything I need to consider that isnt written in the Cisco documentation?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

You do need WCS 6.0.132.0 to manage your 6.0.182.0 WLC.

To upgrade, its easy, just make a backup of your db, run the installer of 6.0.132.0 and you will be all set. There are not really issues in the upgrade and this should go smooth.

WCS 5.2 will not support your WLC running 6.0

WCS 6.0.132.0 release note:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/release/notes/WCS_RN6_0.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card