Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

User Idle Timeout and ARP Timeout

Could I please get some help on setting timers on the WiSM/WLC.

Currently I have a setup where when a user authenticates with dot1x, they are assigned to a VLAN depending on whether they are a Staff/Student.

Students currently have no access to internet, but a department wants their Student users to be able to access internet in their building, so I have set up a AP Groups VLAN.

I have got the users authenticating and joining the right VLAN, but the problem is, when they leave the building and rejoin to another building within 5 minutes, they retain the internet vlan address and can still access the internet. So I am assuming that I have to change either or both of the ARP timers/User Idle Timers.

Has anyone played with this? What is a recommended time for these settings?

Thanks,

Michael

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: User Idle Timeout and ARP Timeout

I don't think, the issue is with the timers. I feel the problem is with the AP group VLAN configuration. This document explains the step by step procedure to configure AP group VLANs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008073c723.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content