Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

User login via profile

I have a Cisco 1240AG light weight AP, and with a ciscoworks wireless lan solution engine express. And i want to setup it become a hotspot. i can see the wireless SSID and get the ip address, but i still can not browse any page until i login. For example, when the first time i connect the wireless and type the google website, it will redirect to the login page, until the profile has been authenticate. can anyone help me, did i need to buy anything else to make it done? what is the requirement?

did i need a Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) version 4.2 install at server side? or the current WLC provide this function.

8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: User login via profile

Create a LobbyAdministrator account.

Management -> Local Management User -> New

Fill in the blanks and when you reach User Access Mode, choose "LobbyAdministrator".

Log out and HTML back but use the LobbyAdministrator account.

From here, you can create/delete users for your hotspots. The user account you'll create is a "time bomb" with a maximum life of 30 days. If you want to create a permanent account follow my intial instructions but choose "ReadWrite" instead of LobbyAdministrator.

Does this help?

thank for the reply, but i can not see the Management -> Local Management User -> New tab under WLSE GUI? did i need to setup? wat is the hardware and software requirement to do this?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

"or the current WLC provide this function." I thought you have a WLC.

The GUI is for the WLC.

wireless lan solution engine express not a WLC?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Unfortunately no. :)

thank for the information, what are the minimum type of WLC suitable for make this work? can you suggest a model for me, i just want to apply this for around 10 cisco aironet 1240AG. Is that only this 2 devices need?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

For only 10 AP's, you can choose between the 2100 series or the 440X series.

Personally, I'd go for the 4402-25 because you have more features and functions compared to the 2100.

If you have a router (2800/3800), a NM-WLC is also available.

I'm not familiar with the WCS capabilities.

hi leo,

i heard from the technical support from cisco, they say can install the wcs appliance to current WLSE? is that can solve my issue?

Views
Helpful
Replies