cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User needs to get a different local network at different branch offices

dkleimbach
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently configured to use Windows IAS with our WLC to authenticate wireless users. The IAS server also passes back the correct VLAN number to the WLC according to which AD group the user is in and which Radius policy they match on.

My dilemma is that I need to set up multiple branch offices with H-REAP so that users get dropped off on a local network. I will also have users that will move from one location to another. Right now we assign the VLAN for a user according to what AD group they are in. In this new configuration I will need some way to determine what location they are coming from as well. I have been looking through the config and different attributes on the Radius server but haven't found one yet, such as AP name or IP address that will help me determine which location the user is at and therefore which VLAN they should be assigned.

I am pretty comfortable with the H-REAP set up to drop the user off on a local network, but I need help setting this up so that from the Radius server I can determine which AP the user is coming from so I put them in the correct vlan.

Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Deanna

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dynamic vlan assignmets are not supported when using h-reap.

Note: If the APs are in H-REAP mode and locally switched at the remote site, the dynamic assignment of users to a specific VLAN based on the RADIUS server configuration is not supported. However, you should be able to assign users to specific VLANs based on the static VLAN to service set identifier (SSID) mapping done locally at the AP. Therefore, a user that belongs to a particular SSID can be assigned to a specific VLAN to which the SSID is mapped locally at the AP.

Here is a link to look at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807cc3b8.shtml#conv

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card