Views
Helpful
Replies

User not told of incorrect credentials

djbradley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having issues with the Aironet client on an IPAQ doing LEAP. If the user enters their credentials incorrectly they are never notified of this. The LEAP sign-on screen goes away but the user never gets an address from DHCP, and the user ends up very frustrated because nothing works. The log on the AP shows that the user Failed EAP authentication but that’s about it. Is there a setting to change the way the client/ACS responds to an incorrect Username/password?

We don't have this issue with our W2K laptops because the user needs to enter the right credentials just to get to a desktop. Oh, and please no suggestions about getting intelligent users. I already tried that; there are none to be found.

Thanks,

Dan

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

I think the simplest solution to this issue will be simply remove the card and reinsert it or reset the Ipaq .

There seems to be a bug which is almost similar. See whether this bug applies in your scenario. The Bug ID is CSCdt38879

Also check this Release Notes.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/350cards/windows/firmrn/fmwr_423.htm

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card