Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Cisco 1240 AP with 3COM switches

victoria138
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have several autonomous 1240ag AP's that I need to enable a second ssid(Guest and VLAN2) for guest access and while I have configured the AP's according to the driections, I am not able to connect to the second ssid(Guest), but it is broadcasting. When I check the logs, I do not even see my laptop or any other device for that matter, trying to authenticate, what am I missing? I can see, connect and get an IP from the first ssid(Production and VLAN1), which is on the native VLAN and my 3COM 3C17203 switch port(14) is tagged for both VLAN's. Although I am sure that this would work better with a Catalyst switch, but it is not in my budget to replace all 4 of these, but I need this to work. Any ideas or suggestions to what I am missing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Clarence,

you need to remove the mobility network-id 4

conf t

dot11 ssid Guest

no mobility network-id 4

end

wr

Then see if you can connect.  The moblity network-id command is for use with the WLSM.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Clarence,

you need to remove the mobility network-id 4

conf t

dot11 ssid Guest

no mobility network-id 4

end

wr

Then see if you can connect.  The moblity network-id command is for use with the WLSM.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Steve,

I will give this a try on Monday and report my findings, as I am leaving for the weekend, but Thank You much for giving me another avenue to travel! If I know me, this is going to bother me all weekend and make me come back to the office to modify and see the results.

Steve,

Thank You much for the input, as it worked! Once I removed the mobility setting, I was able to connect to the second ssid and get the access that I expected.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card