Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Wireless Lan Controller Rare Issues

( Note: have a TAC Ticket 629648353 on this, and no solution yet) 

Hi,

I´m installed a vWLC on a ESX 5.5 following the Configuration Guide (vlwc version 7.4.121 and tryed the last one too), and if I put a Vlan Tag on the management interface the page shows an error of SSL_ERROR like this.

I made a port mirror of the internal server nic where is installed the vWLC and i notice a lot of "tcp-out-of-order" messages like this and is the same thing on my laptop trying to access the gui of the vwlc.

Even rare is that if i create an  SSID (taged in another vlan) the users can get the ip address, can make ping tests for example to www.cisco.com  and all is good, but when they tryed to web browse any web page, the browsers (any browser and any laptop) shows and error of "ERROR 400 BAD REQUEST" like this.

any idea that demon has possessed my vlwc??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Salvador,Do you have

Hello Salvador,

Do you have any solution for this issue? Did you get a solution from TAC?

We have the same problem here and configure the SSID Guest VLAN as "native VLAN" isn't a  valid solution for us.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES

Another consideration is :-if

Another consideration is :

-if I use a virtual port (using a nexus 1000v) as a trunk port and put the management vlan as a "native vlan" this works just fine, the GUI load with no problems.

-the same if a use the SSID Guest VLAN as a "native Vlan" (with no tag), the users can get the ip address from the DHCP, can ping and web browse any web page with no problems.

indecision

Hello Salvador,Do you have

Hello Salvador,

Do you have any solution for this issue? Did you get a solution from TAC?

We have the same problem here and configure the SSID Guest VLAN as "native VLAN" isn't a  valid solution for us.

Thanks.

TAC didn't find the solution.

TAC didn't find the solution... we replace the VWLC and buy an appliance 2504... take notes that the VWLC only fails in a ESX installed on a "IBM flex chassis" i tried with 2 differents clients that has IBM flex chassis and is the same issue... (Blade center H and standalone servers works well)

Hello Salvador,Many thanks

Hello Salvador,

Many thanks for your answer.

Here's another configuration with the same problem:

- HP blade system c7000

- CNA HP 554FLB

- Switch Cisco B22HP

- vMWare ESX5.1

- Cisco Nexus 1000v

I'll try an appliance too.

Kind Regards.

Hello EveryoneIs there

Hello Everyone

Is there anything new about this subject?

We have the same problem with:

- HP Blade System c7000

- CNA HP 554FLB

- HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module connected to Cisco Nexus 5548

Another interesting thing is, that I am able to connect with Firefox in Linux but Firefox/Crome/IE on Windows doesnt work.

Best regards

Luka

Nothing new (we buy the 2504

Nothing new (we buy the 2504 wlc because the vwlc does not work with our ibm pureflex hardware/esx5.5/nexus1000v/ibmBNTchassis switches/ cisco 2960x switch).. I had the same behavior, in linux and even in android (in smartphones) all works well but in windows not... Just one comment; one of my work partners had a "tuned" version of windows (i dont know what he does with their OS) but he could navigate well.... 

Hello Salvador, Do you

Hello Salvador,

Do you remember how did you configure Nexus 1000v for promiscous mode? Perhaps configuring a SPAN session?

Regards

Jesus

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content