Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

VMWare Guests can't bridge in to Wifi

Network setup: WLC4402, 1141 APs.  DHCP is required on all SSIDs. 

A co-worker has a setup where his laptop runs VMWare and is attached to Wifi.  On his guest Virtual Machines, he notices that they work fine when in NAT mode, but when he tries to bridge them on to the WiFi network, DHCP requests timeout.  I duplicated his configuration with VMWare player, and got the same behavior.  

When we plug in to wired connections, the Guests are able to bridge on to the network just fine.

Any ideas on this?  I'm thinking perhaps the DHCP requirement option may be preventing the VMWare guests from bridging. 

• Security and Network Management
Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: VMWare Guests can't bridge in to Wifi

That has always been an issue. I run Parallels in my Mac and I'm able to bridge, when I use to have a PC and used VM player, I was not able to bridge.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Well with v7.0.x, there was a fix, but if your still having issues with the later v7.0, then maybe it wasn't fixed.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2065405

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
Bronze

Forgot to mention we're running 6.0.202.0 on the 4402.  Haven't bothered upgrading to 7.0 as I don't think there's any new features.

Sounds like changing the APs to H-REAP mode is the best fix.  Our network is already configured for trunking so it shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies