Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

vWLC + ISE 1.2 = Randomly won't authenticate users until reboot?

Hello all!

I have an issue where authentications (dot1x) from the vWLC to ISE 1.2 will start to fail after a certain amount of up time. The certain amount I'm not sure about, because it just started to happen. ISE will either complain about the client having an issue with TLS or ISE will show a successful authentication.

The vWLC shows the client associated, but never authenticates the client (in the case of ISE showing successful authentication).

vWLC on version 7.6.110.0.

ISE on version 1.2.0.899.

Anyone else having or had this issue? I have a TAC case open, but they want me to do a webex with them when the issue is happening, and it's hard to leave it broken while users are complaining.

Thanks!

1 REPLY

are you sure, the number of

are you sure, the number of clients associating to you network is less than the maximum clients supported by this vWLC? can you post the details of Failed authentications of clients from Live authentications ( go to ISE > operations > Authentications > details)

Views
Helpful
Replies