Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WCS 4.0 - RRM Thresholds

I have alot of interference thresholds beening set off with the default 10%. I have a dense deployment and I am sure it is co channel interference. Does anyone have a recommendation what this threshold should be set at to point out "real" world issues ?

• Security and Network Management
3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: WCS 4.0 - RRM Thresholds

Unwanted RF signals in the same frequency band that can lead to a degradation or loss of service is interference. These signals can either be from 802.11 or non-802.11 sources. Refer URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a008072c759.shtml#key_terms

imagnusson,

I agree. I also have a dense population of access points and am getting some interference alarms due to the default settings. Since the last response only gave us a definition of "interference", maybe someone can tell us what they have done to change the thresholds to control alarms.

Interference - from other 802.11 devices

Noise - from non-802.11 devices operating in the same frequency as the APs.

The thresholds for each can be configured via Configure --> Templates (or controller) --> 802.11a or b/g --> RRM Thresholds

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.