Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS 6.0.132.0 Database

tiago.molinos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've been having some problems with the linux version of WCS. Sometimes, and I still don't know why the Database server stops. To activate it again I need to restart the service using the WCSStart script. Is anyone having similar problems? The service can work for two weeks or a month... then it just stops.

Best regards

20 Replies 20

I had the logs in trace level. I found something the could lead someone to a conclusion.

The logs started to look bad at this timestamp: 10/23/09 01:00:03.731

It can be found in the attached file wcs-6-0.log. I've included other two files for a more complete followup.

Tiago

Your database crashed.

Do you have other things running on your server?

On windows, A/V could be scanning WCS folder and make this happen, on Linux I have not seen it.

You can re-run a dbadmin checkshema but I suggest you open a TAC case at this point, this needs to be investigated more in details and you can actually upload your DB to TAC so they look at it.

Hello,

I've been absent for a while and now I can see the proble I had remains. I noticed there was a new version 6.0.170.0 so I upgraded the WCS.

Anyway it didn't solve my issues, so I'll just open a TAC ticket.

Tiago

have you heard back from TAC yet?

my DB crashed again... would be nice to see this resolved...

Hello,

I have opened a TAC ticket. They asked me to increase the logging level, and to send them the logs when it happens again. Since I did that the database hasn't crashed. I'm waiting for failure . It seems curious though that I think it never took so long before...

Best regards,

Tiago

Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know that the db issue has been seen before and is actively being worked in TAC and beyond.  The issue is getting the info when it happens to try and determine the root cause which has been difficult.  Please make sure to keep those debugs turned up with at least the Object Manager, General, Async and Database modules checked.  What is needed is the transition from an "awake" state to the "crashed" state so capturing the logs during this time would be ideal.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card