cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS 6.0 ACS 5.1

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been able to add WCS 6.0 and any WLCs running 6 code to an ACS 5.1 box yet? I cannot find any documents for 5.1 on how to add these.

21 Replies 21

Thank you for the details on the bug find!!  I had the same issue and was able to resolve by adding the virtual domain attribute and then removing it.  Funny how it doesn't even work with that attribute set, but you need to do it to get the rest working.

Thx Heaps for your comment. I was fiddling around with the attributes for about 4 hours before I found this post. I followed your tip and it worked perfectly! Now I've got to do the same for the WLCs!

"If you move this rule up it will work, i got around having to move it by  excluding WCS as i stating in my earlier post"

Hey kmcsweeg,

I got TACACS on WLC tpo work but only by moving it up to the top. However when I do this it breaks TACACS for my switches, firewalls e.t.c. Can you elaborate on how you got it to work by "exluding the WCS" ?

Thanks,

Eoin.

I had this same issue with WCS 6.0.181.0 and ACS 5.1.0.44.3, added task41=Virtual Domain Management but

had to leave it there for Lobby access to work.

Is there a Cisco Bug id for this?

So WCS 7.0.164.0 has been out awhile, have there been any improvements for using WCS 7.x with ACS 5.2 ?  Or do I still need to setup all these taskx= in the ACS server?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

CSCsy77385  TACACS and RADIUS custom attribute for Virtual Domain not documented

CSCtc20592  AW: TACACS AAA failing, TACACS users not in Virtual Domain
Documentation does not detail how to add a TACACS+ user into the virtual domain.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a0080851f7c.sh

Hi,

Have we to write task0,,,n  one by one ? it takes quit a lot of time .

or can we just take copy paste ? like in ACS4.X ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card