Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WCS 7.0.230 issue with ACS 5.3

hi,

In order to manage WCS through ACS 5.3, I buit a Shell Profile under Policy Elements/Authorization and Permissions/Device Administration/Shell Profiles
named WCS. then I opened the custom attribute tab and paste (through the bulk editor) the TACACS+ Custom Attributes coming from the WCS group export task list.
When applying the ACS server close the session immediately !!!!
I tried to perform it again with less attributes and noticed the operation was successful till 13 lines. That is insufficiant to access the main tabs of the WCS management interface.
According to a post in April 2010 (WCS 6.0 ACS 5.1) it was possible to copy the 67 attributes of the WCS 6.0 release (79 attributes are now present in the 7.0.230 release).
Did anyone encounter this issue ?
Thanks to your help?
Regards,
BL

Everyone's tags (4)
4 REPLIES

I'm using NCS with ACS5.2.10 and see somewhat similar issues.

I'm able to add all the custom attributes to my ACS authrorization profile, but when logging into NCS, I only have access to some of the features, indicating that the ACS does not send all the many (96 in NCS1.1 for Admin-role) attributes back to the NCS server...

Hi,

If it can help you : I have recently installed the last patch of ACS 5.3 and the issue is gone. I can add the whole attributes of the admin role and get access of all items. Maybe you can look if a similar patch exists for you release.

Regards,

BL

Yes, I have read release notes for ACS and have found CSCtg47711, which would cover what I'm experiencing. Basically, if the sum of th custom attributes exceeds 175 chars, they're truncated...

I'm on the latest patch-level for ACS5.2 (10), but  maybe I will have to consider upgrading to ACS5.3 if I can get  confirmation that the issue is gone there.

You're still running WCS, and not NCS right?

Yes, I use WCS rights!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content