Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCS alarm for guest tunnel down

Hi,

Is there any way to configure alarm in WCS when the guest anchor tunnel goes down ? I dont see any alarms/messages in WCS if the guest tunnel between internal controller and guest controllers flaps or goes down.

Also, if i dont connect all 8 ports of the wlc5508 ports, i am getting the port down alarm constantly. but since i am using only 4 ports of the 5508, this is a false alarm for me. any way to disable or set threshold for port down alarm ?

regards

Joe

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WCS alarm for guest tunnel down

You should be able to see these. I know on the wlc, you will see an event log staring that the mobility path is down.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

hi Scott,

Nope, it doesnt come in the WCS. it does show in the trap logs in WLC about mobility path being down. but there is no such alarm category in WCS unfortunately which i see as a big disadvantage cos i am not able to track when the tunnels go down (even though wlc being up)  and get an alert for that.

Any way to achieve this ?

regards

Joe

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WCS alarm for guest tunnel down

I don't know if it's not part of the alarms in WCS. You can always use syslog to timestamp that. I will take a look at my WCS later to see.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

Any update on this pls ?

regards

Joe

Views
Helpful