Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WCS Alarm Mail Spam after Upgrade to 5.2 on WLCs

Hi,

iam running a WCS 5.2 with some WLCs on 5.2. Since i have upgrade them to 5.2 the WCS Email-Alarm-Notification spams my mailbox with the following informations :

{wlcname} AP 'apname', interface '802.11b/g/n' is up on Controller 'ip-adress'.

{wlcname} AP 'apname', interface '802.11b/g/n' is down on Controller 'ip-adress'.

The crazy thing is that the mail relay first posts the up message and then the down message so there is maybe 1 Second downtime. (the mails are coming in the same second)

If i check all the logs of the wlcs i can't see any dissassociation of an accesspoint or any problem that causes the wlc to send a trap or write a syslog. So i have sniffed the Wcs snmp communication and i can see that the wcs polls in the same time the wlc but there is only about 3-4 ms duration time between the request and response so the reason for that "mail-spam" is hard to find for me..

Do you have any ideas where i can see the reason for that problem ? Is there any timer on the wcs for generating this alarms ?

Otherwise i have to contact the TAC support.

Thanks for ideas, Dennis

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: WCS Alarm Mail Spam after Upgrade to 5.2 on WLCs

Go to the WLC, Management -> SNMP -> Trap Controls -> AP Tab and then un-tick "AP Interface Up/Down".

Hope this helps.

Hi, this wont solve the problem. This is only a workaround to disable the messages.

Having the same problem with 5.2, anyone else see this? Also, which alarm category does this belong to in WCS?

Hi Dennis,

a customer of us have the same problem.

Did you get any answer,yet or do you opened a TAC Case ?

Best regrads

Heiko

Hi,

we have no answer about this problem. After an upgrade to 6.0 there is no problem anymore.

Regards Dennis

I am having similar problems, but we have version 6.

Whenever a AP changes channels, to reduce noise or interference, I recieve alarms stating as below;

802.11b/g/n interface of AP THA-A-AP-04 is down: Controller 10.218.100.251 Reason: Unknown.

802.11b/g/n interface of AP THA-A-AP-04 is up: Controller 10.218.100.251 Reason: Unknown.

Is there a way to reduce these messages or mitigate them? I still want to know if the AP goes down, but not every time there is a change in channel.

thanks

WCS Version  6.0.196.0
WLC Software Version 6.0.182.

Views
Helpful
Replies