Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCS and Prime. Problem with Local Net Users

Hi all, I've got a 5508 running 7.0.116.0.  There are a lot of local net users stored on it for web-auth (1309).  I've been running it with WCS and found that not all users were backed up to it.  Only 7 appeared on the Security config page tab but if I logged in to WCS as Lobby Admin about 800 appeared.  I'm still missing about 500 web-auth accounts!

I've now got a parallel build Prime Infrastructure 1.3 machine built and can see exactly the same problem with that.  The 5508 is reachable but I can't get the config to sync and think it's because of the large number of web-auth accounts.

Anyone know if this is a bug in the WLC code?  Is there a limit to the number of "local net user" accounts that can be managed between WLC and WCS/PI?

I'm planning a code upgrade as I need to get some new APs on the system.  Just wondered if I might expect this to be fixed at the same time.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WCS and Prime. Problem with Local Net Users

I remember and there are other post out there you can search for, but there is a limitation to how many local net users you can view and or see in the config of the WLC. If you export the config and open it up in a text editor, do you see all the local net users or not. If not, I think you will be in a tough spot notated what especially if you have to RMA a WLC and have to restore the config. You will still be missing entries.

I would open a TAC case if that's the outcome you see as WCS/NCS and or Prime will not be able to sync that info.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

WCS and Prime. Problem with Local Net Users

Found this thread which outlines the problem, lists it as a bug (but no ID) and says it's fixed in 7.2.103.0.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2185725

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content