I am using WCS and WLC ver 6 for management of guest users, on wireless and wired guest LANS. Currently I need to create separate user ID's for guests on the wired and wireless networks. This is a burden on either the Lobby Admin staff to create and distribute similar ID's/passwords twice, or the guest to remember and use the correct ID/password depending on whether or not they are wired/wireless. I am trying to find a solution that will allow me to:
1) Create LobbyAdmin type accounts that can only create guest accounts
2) Guest accounts will work on wired or wireless networks defined to WLC
3) Simple user interface for creating guest accounts (keyword here is simple)
4) Ability to bulk or batch create guest accounts.
We may have up to 200+ guests daily, so this is not a trivial amount of work for my Lobby Admins, and guests have enough difficulty with one userid, adding a 'w' or some such for wired use will result in lots of help desk calls.
I am hoping that someone is doing something similar, I am not familiar with RADIUS or TACACS+ servers to know if they can do what I need before I bother fooling around with them in this environment.
I'm reasonably sure the following features are available on v6.0.
1. use lobby admin account(s) to do the following
2. select 'any profile' when creating an account so the same account works on your wired and wireless guest networks (assuming this is suitable to your situation)
3. not sure how simple the WCS guest account creation page is - I've nothing to compare it with
4. Lobby Ambassadors can use .csv files to create multiple accounts in one operation - in the advanced tab select the import from file check box; there's an example of the format on the advanced tab page - I've tried it and it is pretty easy.