cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS AP Template - Failed to find AP

felixjai
Level 1
Level 1

I have WCS ver 4.1.83.0. I'm trying to apply an AP template to my APs. But when I try to search the APs by using Floor Area, I'm getting error saying "Failed to contact server. Please make sure you are logged in and have network connectivity.". (See attachment for screenshot) But I can search by All APs, and the APs will show up. Anyone can help?

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What about when you choose the campus , building, floor..... same error?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Nothing shows up on the drop-down menu of campus, building, floor. I do have Campus, buildings, floor areas defined in WCS.

You have the ap's all placed on the map's and you see them correct? What version are you running on the WLC also? Seems weird that you get that error unless the WCS could not communicate with the WLC, but you did mention you can search all wlc and the ap's show up there. When you go to config controllers, does that screen show them communicating?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

WLCs are running 4.1.170 (There is a upgrade plan to 4.2.130). But all I can say is that everything else works on WCS and WLC in terms of communication. I can see the WLCs under config, monitor, etc. It's just that when I want to apply AP template by using Floor area, I got that error. Again, it still works fine if I search APs by using "All", or "Controllers", etc, just not by "Floor Area".

I'd just like to know if anyone sees that problem before and can give a quick answer. If not, I believe opening a TAC case will be my next step.

Humor me here. Go to configure controllers and run a refresh config from controller. If it responds with a "WCS updated but not all fields were completed because they failed validation" or something like that, then I have seen a very similar issue. Go into the code after you stopped the database server and up your var binds per pdu to like 100. Then if you are using any form of VPN tunnel to the controllers also reset the listening device in your server IP stack. Restart WCS and see if that solves your problem. I had a similar problem about 4 weeks ago on 5.1 code and this resolved it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: