Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Background Tasks for Configuration Backup

edward.weir
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I have WCS v5.1.64.0 and I have started to do a Configuration Backup of my WLC 4402's but I'm getting the following errors:

com.cisco.server.common.errors.IllegalOperationException: MEDIATION-5,TransferConfig!10.10.1.6,saveConfigStart,No access

Have any one seen this error before? Can any one assist with this?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

To find out where the configuration backup job will be saving the backed up configurations, you can check the following files:

In C:\program files\wcs4.1\webnms\ftp-server\conf\ftpd.conf file the first line has the ftp default directory.

In C:\programfiles\wcs4.1\webnms\classes\com\cisco\packaging\packagingresources.prope rties, the tftproot option has the default tftp directory.

The file will be saved in a format such as __<#>.cfg and will have an xml format. You can directly restore these config files back to the controller if needed.

Thanks for the reply but these are the settings that are already in place:

FTP:

FtpServer.server.config.root.dir=C:/WCS/FTP

TFTP:

TftpRoot=C:/WCS/TFTP

My issue seems to be an SNMP error:

com.cisco.server.common.errors.IllegalOperationException: MEDIATION-5,TransferConfig!10.10.1.6,saveConfigStart,No access

Thanks

I actually got this working due to a simple error. I entered the ReadOnly SNMP String instead of the Read/Write SNMP String.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card