Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WCS Background Tasks for Configuration Backup

Hey,

I have WCS v5.1.64.0 and I have started to do a Configuration Backup of my WLC 4402's but I'm getting the following errors:

com.cisco.server.common.errors.IllegalOperationException: MEDIATION-5,TransferConfig!10.10.1.6,saveConfigStart,No access

Have any one seen this error before? Can any one assist with this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: WCS Background Tasks for Configuration Backup

To find out where the configuration backup job will be saving the backed up configurations, you can check the following files:

In C:\program files\wcs4.1\webnms\ftp-server\conf\ftpd.conf file the first line has the ftp default directory.

In C:\programfiles\wcs4.1\webnms\classes\com\cisco\packaging\packagingresources.prope rties, the tftproot option has the default tftp directory.

The file will be saved in a format such as __<#>.cfg and will have an xml format. You can directly restore these config files back to the controller if needed.

Thanks for the reply but these are the settings that are already in place:

FTP:

FtpServer.server.config.root.dir=C:/WCS/FTP

TFTP:

TftpRoot=C:/WCS/TFTP

My issue seems to be an SNMP error:

com.cisco.server.common.errors.IllegalOperationException: MEDIATION-5,TransferConfig!10.10.1.6,saveConfigStart,No access

Thanks

I actually got this working due to a simple error. I entered the ReadOnly SNMP String instead of the Read/Write SNMP String.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content