Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS bulk position access points

aidacruises
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we currently have to postion about 200+ access points in the WCS to generate heat-maps for a lot of floors. Does anyone do have some tipp to "bulk operate" this task? Using the WCS webgui adding the aps step by step ends up a huge workload. Would be glad if there would be an easier way... checked also the documentation but didn't found anything yet.

Thanks & Kind regards

Mathias

3 Replies 3

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

It's a graphical GUI, there is no way you can automate this. And besides, you need to place them on the map.

It does take time.

Once it's done, make sure to make a backup of your database of WCS. (Start -> Program files -> WCS -> Backup)

Thanks for your quick response. So far it's also clear for me, we are using WCS and allready managing quite lot of aps, but I was wondering if everybody is placing all aps step-by-step... I have detailed geographic position data for every ap (and could convert it to relative postions). May be there will be some CSV like import function in the future.

That's a good idea. The AP names would need to match exactly what the controller have.

Your feedback is important, to get the feature on the list: contact your sales team, and ask them to raise a Personnal Enhancement Request (PER) for this feature to be implememented.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: