Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCS database search on a certain timespan

Hi folks, greetings.

On WCS we'd like to be able to generate a report containing the  alarms/events occurred on a certain period of time, on a certain AP. Let's say on 05/10/12 from 21:00 to 23:30, on AP XYZ.

From my knowledge (or lack of), the only way to achieve this is by navigating throughout all the alarms/events generated. And since the environment is very talkative, sometimes its just a pain in the neck to get to the desired time window. Once there, it would be just a matter of filtering out the events on the desired AP.

I have been playing with the reports with no success at all.

Am I too blind to see or this is something that's only feasible by using CLI commands? 

Any hint to share?

Thanks,

AL

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES

Re: WCS database search on a certain timespan

Alvaro:

I think you can get all events related to one AP. after that you can filter yourself by time ( I am not aware about any way to generate a ready report to achive what you want).

But you can simply search for the AP in search bar in WCS and it will list you the AP and a link to all alarms related to it. click on alarms link and you'll get all alarms related to that AP in all times. you can filter based on time after then.

I am not sure if there is anyway to filter by time automatically. But I'll let you know if I can find anything like that.

Hope my answer above helps.

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

WCS database search on a certain timespan

Hi Amjad, greetings.

It does leave out all of the unwanted APs, but does not drive us right to the time window desired.

Anyway, helped save precious time.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

AL  

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content