Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WCS Global Telnet/SSH Parameter Change

I have almost 700 Wireless LAN Controllers in my environment, and due to security compliance, I need to update the local administrator account for each one of them. My concern is that when I push a template with a new admin password, WCS will lose Telnet/SSH access to all 700 controllers, because the Telnet/SSH Parameters for each controller are currently set as the local administrator.

Is it possible to update the Telnet/SSH parameters for every WLC? I know it is possible to update them one at a time through Configure > Controller and updating it via the Properties tab, but there doesn't seem to be a way to push a template to WCS itself which would update the telnet/ssh access globally.

The closest thing I can think of is re-adding every single controller via CSV file and changing the Telnet/SSH Parameters that way, but I would need to remove every controller from WCS first, and that's not really an acceptable solution.

• Security and Network Management
1 REPLY
VIP Purple

I  don't know is it right

I  don't know is it right answer for u or not:)

1. Choose Configure > Controller Template Launch Pad.

2. Click Local Management Users or choose Management > Local Management Users from the left sidebar menu. 

Here create a new template with new username and password (with RW or RO) and apply to all controllers and if you want then delete old user from wlc.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Views
Helpful
Replies