Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCS High Availability

Hi,

I am trying to set up high availability between two WCS servers. I initially had the machines on the same network (lan) and was able to get automatic failover to work perfectly. I have since moved the secondary server to a remote site in a different geographic region, but as a result, am experiencing problems getting the HA to work. All the required firewall ports have been opened, the link between the two sites is a reasonly high speed connection and all software versions on the servers correspond. When i initialize HA, the process after many hours fails, and the health monitor log gives the following message :

May 22, 2012 07:45:47 AMHA not ConfiguredFailed HA registration dbNetcopyThread() failed due to: DbMonitor setHsbConnect(): HotStandby connection is broken

I cannot find any information online regarding this error and was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this or give some advice on how to fix it.

Any input will be appreciated,

Duane

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY

WCS High Availability

Duane:

When you exactly get the message above? what action you do and wait for many hours for until you get this message?

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content