Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS license migration

girish_gavandi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a situation at a customer place. They have 2 WCS servers with plus licenses, AP capacity 400 and 300 resp.

They have a plan to consolidate the two locations into one and use single WCS server for management. Is it possible to use the license from the WCS server with 300 AP capacity onto the WCS server with 400 AP capacity?

Any help is much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Girish

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The license is tied I the WCS hostname. So you would have to open a TAC case with Cisco license to rehost that license to the WCS you want to use. You would need smartnet also.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The license is tied I the WCS hostname. So you would have to open a TAC case with Cisco license to rehost that license to the WCS you want to use. You would need smartnet also.

-Scott

You might want to look at moving to NCS prime. You can get a migration license to migrate from WCS to NCS. They have a special going on, but I don't know for how long:)

-Scott

Thanks Scott. Much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card