Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCS maps - AP bleed

Hey All,

just setup a few maps in WCS.  1 of our main building and the other 2 of the smaller buildings.  The 2 smaller ones were simple and straight forward, however I'm getting some weird results with the main building.

In the main building we have 18 APs, 4 of which have external antennas and the rest with internal antennas.  I added all the internal ones first and the heat map seemed fine.  I should add that only 4 of the internal antennae AP's are broadcasting, the rest have had their radios switched off for the time being.

Soon as I added the the external ones, which are not broadcasting, the 4 internal antennae AP's which are broadcasting, seemed to be directional, which was different to what I was seeing previous.

WCS picks up that these are not directional AP's, but the heatmap seems to think differently.  Could this just be bleed from the APs??

1 REPLY

WCS maps - AP bleed

Simon,

Can you post a screengrab to illustrate what you mean? Maybe you could show before and after shots--before you added the 4 external APs and how the heatmap display changed after you added them.

WCS generates and paints heatmaps based on predictive algorithms, so there's a chance that the WCS thinks those APs with external antennas still have their radios on, which would influence the resultant heatmap.

Justin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content